Recipe by our fave Thierry Le Feuvre
Batter for about 15 crêpes
This is my recipe for the batter – you may have your own favourite way of doing it, so if you have a preferred pancake recipe feel free to use that with the topping as per below!
1. In a bowl , whisk the eggs with the sugar
2. Melt the butter and add to the mix
3. Add 500ml milk
4. Whisk and combine the flour slowly ,in little amount.
5. Add the 500ml milk left – you can possibly add a good dash of dark rum at this point if desired
7. Let the batter stand for 1 hour
To make the crêpes
Heat your frying pan over a medium heat and oil with a little melted butter. Using a ladle or mug, pour some of your batter in and swirl the pan so that you thinly coat the bottom. Cook for about 45 secs – 1 minute (as the pan gets hotter your crêpes will cook faster!) until golden brown, and then use a spatula or similar to flip the crêpe over and cook the other side – about 30 seconds, or until it becomes freckled (the confident amongst you can flip the crêpe directly from the pan – and remember, the first one ALWAYS goes wrong)
Put the crêpes aside on a plate as you go along, and put a piece of foil over them to keep them warm and soft.
For the caramelised pineapple
Place 3-4 pineapple chunks or more on a folded pancake, pour over some caramel, and sprinkle with grated coconut.